Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

David Grossman Article Homework

I mostly disagree with David Grossman. Games may possibly leads some obsessed violence gamers to actual killing, but that is not common, most violence video gamers are, as I said in the last homework, responsible enough to understand that real-life killing won't gain them anything, and thus will only result in bad consequences. Also, I can agree with him that most video games nowadays are based on military, but that doesn't mean they would be desensitized of killing like soldiers in training. I can use myself for an example, and many other gamers I know, they still feel disgusted when they see movies where real actors act out killing scenes, or horrible bloodbath scenes, even if they know it's fake blood, they still fear it. They don't feel good about killing real people, it only reliefs them when they kill in the game. Why? It's because that it gets them closer to their objective, if the game rewards nothing for killing people, then they wouldn't have done it from the start.

In conclusion, I mostly disagree with David Grossman, that's my opinion as a gamer, that video games don't really lead to real life killing.

5 comments:

  1. You have a great arguement William but I have to disagree with you because you only brought one part of the story up. I do agree that some gamers are old enough to know that real-life killing won't gain them anything ,but what if some of them don't. I like how you put everything under your opinion as a gamer, which make it more realistic. I really think that military simulated games densensitize gamers a or its viewers by the way it was deliver. For xample, many violent games as you said may not reward for killing people, but other games do. You get credits and bonus for every human beings you killed. Like maybe in Rede Alert or some shooting game like that.
    In conclusion, I still like the way you deliver your arguements. =]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEH MAN! I TOTALLY AGREE WIT YOOOOUUUUUUU!!!
    ..ish...
    but still, David Grossman is pretty biased about his conclusion. It's the kids fault they don't control themselves, and if they KNOW that they're not wise enough, then why go buy the game that has the label 14+, 15+, 18+, or Mature on it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you use yourself as an example. It help support your argument. Also, you link your argument to the last homework post which is good. Your argument is really interesting. Nice argument, Will! =]]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with you, i also love the way you connect to yourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you, and I also very like the way you used yourself as an example. I also like the way you think two direction, the good way and the bad way.

    ReplyDelete